"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthdays and memories

I'm really behind on my writing! This year's birthday has come and gone.....it was wonderful, but it wasn't the same as it has been in the past. I rarely do anything very special on my birthday, perhaps dinner out with my husband. I don't mean to sound like that isn't special, because it is! Any time spent with Brian is special, even when it's not my birthday. This year it just felt...hmmm the only word that comes to my mind is "unfulfilled". I had a lovely birthday lunch with two of my dear friends, which I thoroughly enjoyed! It just made my day that they'd carve out a little spot in their day for me!
I had written in an earlier post about how this year's birthday was going to be different for me since my mom is gone. Something we both looked forward to was calling each other throughout the day, and me asking her how she was feeling so and so many years ago and she'd laugh and have a clever response. I'd call her right up until 4:16 p.m., the time I was born.....April 12, 1956.....my golden birthday was when I was 12 on April 12th, so what is the day called when you're the same age as the year you're born?

My husband Brian is very generous all of the time. He gave me a wonderful gift, as he knows how much I enjoy writing. I am sitting here on my comfy leather sofa with my cat Holly Noel snuggled up against me.....typing on my.....birthday present.....a laptop! I'm slowly giving into the world of technology, and with my personality, I find it difficult to change! But I'm sure I'll adapt :)
 
I'm looking forward to taking my laptop different places this year to get inspired, whether it's Eli's for coffee or Panera's, on vacation, or out in my back yard. It will be a different environment for me, and that's a good thing. I tire of sitting at the desktop!

No comments: