"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Let go and let God




have been—well I can’t even think of the right words. Depressed for one, lonely, discouraged frustrated, fed-up, just down in the dumps, to say the least! Life with chronic illnesses is a constant struggle and Satan likes to use this opportunity to gain strongholds. If we’re saved He can’t get our soul, but he can cause spiritual warfare. We need to stay in God’s word, the Bible. 


But God—He is there. Always. I haven’t prayed a lot lately but I do think of Him a whole lot. And I utter a few words of prayer: asking Him for help, thanking Him and praising Him. We were created to worship God!

I miss people. I’ve never had but a few in my entire life but I miss having a few. I am thankful to chat some online but it’s not the same as physically being with someone. My husband Brian and I got out yesterday. It was nice to be out amongst people even though it was for a podiatrist appointment. I was a bit anxious but I gave the outcome to God. It went very well, beyond my expectations. It was 4:00 and we were ready to eat and Red Lobster sounded yummy. We drove by there and found there were too many cars in the parking lot. Even though I crave fellowship and community, I’m being careful to avoid crowds. My immune system is far from great. So we thought we’d go to one of our regular places—Los Cabos. They weren’t very busy yet. Most of the staff know us and that’s welcoming. Especially to me! I saw our favorite waiter, Jesse, when we went inside and we joked around a bit. I asked to be seated in his section. 

After we finished eating I got one of those nudges from the Holy Spirit. (“And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”~Ephesians 4:20) I reached into my purse and pulled out a Bible tract to give to Jesse. He approached our table and I let the Holy Spirit lead. I held Jesse’s hand and told him how much I loved Jesus Christ and how much He loves me. I told him how much Jesus loves him too and that I also love him. And then I said how much I cared about his soul. I placed the tract about salvation in his hand and asked him to read it, and that I’d pray for him. He thanked me and said he’d read it. I saw him back in the corner reading it a bit later. 

The rest of the day my heart sang. I was out around people and I had the opportunity to witness to Jesse.  Last evening I prayed for him several times. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to speak to him and that he would open up his heart and listen. 

 

I don’t do nearly as much as I’d like for God but when I get the opportunity, I try to take it. Bible tracts telling about Jesus and the gift of salvation are great to give at drive-through windows or public restrooms, or anywhere you interact with others. I use them quite often ♥️




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I am praying Jesse understands the tract. God bless him. I love all your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you, Deana ♥️

Anonymous said...

I'm just commenting to see if you get this one too!

Anonymous said...

I got it! It came up as anonymous though so I have no idea who you are 😎

Anonymous said...

I got it though it came up as anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet story of the Lord giving you the opportunity to witness to Jesse. How special!! And just how he encouraged your soul yesterday by allowing you to be part of His Kingdom work! Encouragement that your life does matter, encouragement through getting out and being among people a bit, encouragement through a good podiatrist appointment. Amidst the depression and sadness, glimmers of joy and sunshine, something to make you smile. 😊

Anonymous said...

Love this, Kathy!