"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good Find

I was out and about a couple of days ago and decided to go to The Ole Rust Bucket to rummage around. I had never been there, and was rather curious as to what I'd find. I like the "fancier" antiques, but they're not for me. I prefer primitives.  I found this not-yet-quite-an-antique painted wicker trunk that I thought was interesting. It had been painted a pleasant shade of grayish-green, which would go well in any room in my home. I generally don't buy things on impulse. I tend to walk around the other areas of the store, and saunter back to see if the item still appeals to me. I decided it was definitely a fit, and the $20.00 price tag wasn't bad either. So it found a new home...for now in my unfinished dining room in front of the French doors. I thought it would be a good vantage point for my cat, Holly, to look outside and watch the birds and butterflies, and whatever else piques her interest. I bought it the 18th of this month, and so far I haven't seen her on it. She still sits by it on the floor hunting for bugs to stalk. I picked her up and sat her on it a bit ago, and she sat there for just a few seconds, looked around, but then jumped off to do something else. After all, she is a cat. So...whatever use I come up for this trunk, whether it be to set some of my primitives on, or just for Holly's amusement, time will tell!  One thing is for sure, I can still use it for storage! 

No comments: