"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Fools!!!



Tomorrow is April Fool's Day. There's one thing I'm going to miss on this day: I'm going to miss calling my mom. I always succeeded in pulling a good one on her every year. She was so funny!!! She could sure take it and dish it out!


My birthday is also coming up in less than two weeks. That will be a difficult day for me too. Every year I'd call Mom throughout the entire day and say "Hey Mom, how were you feeling 55 years ago??" She'd always have a clever response. One that comes to mind that she'd say was "Is it too late to back out now??" She'd laugh and laugh. She had such a great sense of humor and I loved to hear her laugh, and I loved to laugh with her! She'd also call me during the day to tell me just how bad her labor pains were at that particular time, or she'd be wondering whether I was worth all the pain! I'd call her right up to the time of day I was born, 4:16 p.m. After 4:16 we'd visit on the phone and she always told me I was worth it. Oh how I miss my mom!

No comments: