"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Friday, March 2, 2012

Roses, lilies and hyacinths

God gave us a perfect sunny day for Mom's funeral. It was a beautiful service too. Mom and dad's pastor of 20 years came down from Chicago to officiate. So many of my friends and family were there for the visitation, funeral, and luncheon. I've never been hugged and kissed so many times in my life! Such love and support.

I had made a slide show for Mom's tribute with over 100 of my scenery, flowers, birds, butterflies and animal photographs, along with some Christian music. It was my first attempt at making one, and I think it turned out nicely. It was something I could do for Mom, and something I really enjoyed putting together. It kept my mind occupied for a couple of days.

As I was looking through my photographs to make the slide show, I remembered which ones I took when Mom was with me. These photographs hold such treasured memories. Mom and I had traveled so much over the countryside, me with my camera in tow. We had so much fun, and Mom and I laughed and laughed so much. We'd get lost so many times, but we never worried aout it. That just made it all the more fun and exciting for us.

My house smells sweetly of roses, lilies and hycacinths. Thank you to my friends that sent me flowers and cards. The roses that I brought home from Mom's beautiful casket spray are hanging upside down to dry. I hope they turn out nice.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers

No comments: