"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Monday, January 23, 2023

Bird watching


From January 23, 2018: My husband and I have since seen several more of these lovely birds  

One of my favorite pastimes is bird watching, especially on vacations when I enjoy spotting birds not indigenous to our area. I was taking pictures along a couple lakes last Sunday when we were on a drive. We saw many Canada geese and possibly migrating pelicans or snow geese that were out walking on the ice. Both of us heard a bird call we weren’t familiar with. As soon as I saw the bird in flight I knew what it was even though I had never seen one in person...just in field guides. Brian recognized it too. A belted kingfisher. He was beautiful.



No comments: