"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Love of decorating






My love of decorating somewhat vanished in the late fall of 2019 when our dream of moving away went up in smoke. But over the last couple months I figured I’d better get my bum in gear and at least try to do something pretty with our spare bedroom—especially since spring 💐 is just around the corner!

My husband Brian finished up the remodeling of the upstairs in the fall of 2021 by painting the spare bedroom and removing the damaged old wood flooring in the three bedrooms and installing new vinyl. As far as my end goes, I used a lot of stuff I already had in the spare bedroom such as the chenille bedspread, some artwork and my primitive cabinet. I couldn’t resist buying a few things at Hobby Lobby and a quilt at a craft mall. To me, decorating a home is always a work in progress so I’m never done! I still need to go through the rest of my totes in the basement to see what other decor I can come up with. I had stored a lot of things when we were going to move so I have no idea what’s down there; it’s kind of like Christmas when rummaging through the totes unwrapping stuff!












No comments: