"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Friday, April 26, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 50–04/26/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 50–04/26/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. I trust this finds you relaxing at home with a bowl of chili with gobs of gooey cheddar cheese on top. All is well at my house.

🐱 The vile weatherman was surprisingly accurate about today’s forecast. I wrote a letter of complaint concerning his incompetence to the Illinois Board of Meteorologists, so they must have cracked down on him. It’s raining cats and kittens, and is dark and dreary. Lots of lightning and thunder boomers too—Oliver just took off to find somewhere to hide. He’s such a fraidy cat! 

🐱 So far I've had a very quiet and uneventful day. I patrolled a little early this morning and quickly came to the conclusion that all the vile beasts are deep in the woods taking shelter from the loathsome rain. Slacker boy Oliver has done nothing productive today except for hysterically running around the house and chasing a toy mouse. 

🐱 Ma thinks I’m feeling better even though I’m still lethargic. That makes absolutely no sense to me; however, the antibiotics and steroid should be kicking in. Ma has been trying to convince the vet to try something holistic to prevent my UTIs since I get one twice a year. One year I had three. The vet knows I’m a Nervous Nellie and stress can attribute to my infections. He’s not open to anything holistic and yet Ma doesn’t want to give me anything without a vet’s guidance. It’s quite a conundrum. I have no reason at all to be stressed since I’m safe and loved so much, but I am sometimes. Loud noises, occasionally scary humans come into my domain, vile beasts that sometimes lurk in the shadows, and then there’s slacker boy Oliver, to name a few of my stressors. 

🐱 I wish you all a lovely rest of your day. It’s Friday so it’s a good night for a mug of creamy hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows. Perhaps a movie? More about me later…love, Holly



No comments: