"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Monday, September 26, 2011

Wanderlust

Wanderlust is a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.

I no longer have the desire for wanderlust. For many, many years I had not felt settled and had wanted to keep moving on, alone. It wasn't until I met my husband-to-be Brian in May of 2008 that these feelings had finally come to an end. It's a wonderful feeling...and a relief...to be with the one that God has intended you to be with. I am content, I am comfortable, I am happy, I am protected, I am supported, I am loved. Now Brian and I both have wanderlust, but we travel and explore together on these roads...to see where they lead...and discover the joy and beauty of God's creation as one in Christ. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful guy in my life. Thank you Jesus!


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."~~~I Corinthians 13:4 NIV

1 comment:

Jeanne Beebe said...

Beautifully written, Kathy! I have felt that kind of contentment for a long time. Some people don't ever find this, because they are always searching for "more", until one day they find they are all alone...so sad.