"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day off???


"Dust in the Wind"~~~Kansas

Happy February 4th! My sweet husband's not working this weekend (which is wonderful!), but he is on call, so we won't be venturing very far. I say "not working", but if you consider making a mess in the kitchen/dining room not working, well then he is certainly doing that! The drywalling is all done, also the taping and the mudding, so he is sanding.....and sanding some more. He has the pocket door closed into the kitchen, which means Holly's water bowl and her um litter box (which is generally in the half bath) is in the living room. She does not like to be shut out of any room and makes that clearly known! She thinks she must
Covered with drywall dust!
be missing out on something! She is on the desk right in front of me sitting straight up on her haunches, much like a meerkat. She hears "daddy" pounding on something, and wants to know what is going on. What is it they say about curiosity and the cat??? *grin*

No matter what precautions you make against the dust filtering throughout the house (plastic, exhaust fans) the white fine stuff finds its way onto everything. I can just feel a thin film of it on my skin, and even in my eyes, in my sinuses.....but the finished product will be lovely! I can't wait to sit down at our dining room table with friends and a feast!

No comments: