"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Country songs from my childhood

Cattle Call, Eddy Arnold, 1956

Make the World Go Away, Eddy Arnold, 1966

Any Time, Eddy Arnold, 1948

Bouquet of Roses, Eddy Arnold


What's He Doing in My World, Eddy Arnold
Tumbling Tumbleweeds, Sons of the Pioneers
This is the version that I remember best

Cool Water, Sons of the Pioneer
I remember my dad and Uncle Bane singing this as they strummed their guitars.

He'll Have to Go, Jim Reeves
I remember my dad singing this one.

Welcome to My World, Jim Reeves, 1964

Turn the World Around, Eddy Arnold, 1967

Old Shep, Red Foley
Last but certainly not least.....a song that my dad beautifully sang.
I remember Dad's eyes glistening with tears, and how his
voice faltered when he sang this sad song.


No comments: