"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I need a fix

All too often I find myself stuck in the rut of routine. Over and over, it's the same, week after week. And sometimes, it's those trips out in nature, even if it's in my own back yard, away from everything, that remind me what being at peace is like. I call them my "nature fixes", and I have to have them. If I don't, I tend to go a little stir crazy and even get a little grumpy. That's the free spirit in me.

We all need a place to go.....to free us of everything that is trying to hold onto us, and  pull us down. My freeing place? It doesn't really matter where I go---it's just being out in nature:  listening to the birds, sitting by the calmness of water, smelling the flowers, driving on a country road, and just seeing the ethereal beauty of what God has created. Just me and my camera. This is my happy place.

No comments: