"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day and special moments


♥♥♥ Happy Mother's Day to my dear mom in heaven...I love and miss you! ♥♥♥

I went to town this morning and got some flowers for a dear friend and neighbor of mine (who also lost her mom and has no children like me). It bothered me some and made me a little sad to see daughters with their elderly mothers walking around at the nursery. I felt like telling all the daughters to enjoy and cherish every single moment with their moms, because tomorrow may never come. We should all live every day like this....like it's our last day on earth.....and to appreciate every waking moment with our moms or any loved one, whether it be family or a dear friend.

Doing something today for my friend made her day, and it made mine, to watch her open her card from my vantage point in my back yard. Just to see her face and lovely smile when she was walking towards me, carrying her plant, and to give me a hug!!!

If you know of someone who is alone today, give them a call or do something special for them, anything at all, to brighten their day....doing something for others always lifts one's spirits!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: