"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, April 6, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 35–04/04/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 35–04/04/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. I hope you’ve all enjoyed your evening feast of hamburgers with all the fixins’, French fries and cole slaw. Perhaps you have some room left for a generous slice of cherry cheesecake?

🐱 Today has been one of the most vile days ever with one annoyance after another. To start off with, Ma had an early appointment with her doctor so I didn’t get my full ration of breakfast. Of all the atrocities! Talk about beginning the day on the wrong paw! I thought I was going to starve. I need my sustenance so I can dutifully patrol my domain or I’ll feel faint. Oliver literally inhales his food. I have elegance and finesse and I need time to take in the essence of every delicate morsel. Oliver is such a slob! 

🐱 To add insult to injury, whenever Ma and Pa simultaneously get dressed up, it’s a red flag and I skedaddle and hide under the bed until I feel it’s safe to come out. Depending on the circumstances, Oliver will hide out with me and keep me company. On a personal note, I associate Ma and Pa’s vile behavior with being seized against my will and planted inside this loathsome crate to be violated by the veterinarian. Abominable!

🐱 Ma and Pa finally got home and I was so excited. I really missed Ma’s lap and cuddles. But it was soon time again to hide under the bed because a vile friend of Ma’s stopped by to visit for a bit. I stayed under there the whole time she was here. What happened next really astonished me—and I have to give Oliver credit. He bravely sauntered into the living room and allowed Ma’s vile friend to pet him!

🐱 I hope you all have a lovely evening. It's gotten quite chilly here, so tonight will be a cozy fluffy throw night. Pa has a roaring warm fire going and there will be lots of snuggling with loads of kisses. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: