"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Thursday, April 11, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 40–04/11/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 40–04/11/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Hope this finds you doing well and snacking on some spicy buffalo wings. Well, the vile weatherman guessed the forecast correctly. It is cloudy and it is raining. It’s strange though—at times there’s sunbeams and yet it’s raining cats and dogs!

🐱 It has been a very long day. Ma hardly had any sleep so she has been resting, I’ve been resting and so has slacker boy Oliver, though I just heard him gallop down the hall and through the kitchen. His actions are so sporadic. Pa is tired too but he’s managing better.

🐱 Ma was sick all night and into the early hours of morning with food poisoning. I hope I never get poisoned from eating my food. Scary thought since I’m such a wee kitty! For over six hours Ma had both Oliver and me thoroughly confused. The house was all lit up like Christmas and since Oliver has tunnel vision, he thought it was time to eat. Ma rotated her peculiar behavior by repeatedly going to her litter box, two different beds and then the couch. I just wanted to snuggle with Ma but she wasn’t receptive to my advances at all! She’d gently push me away and I just didn’t understand. She wanted nothing to do with my Purr Therapy! She never refuses me. Even though her face is the color of white chalk, she’s been trying to make up for her vile behavior towards me. This afternoon she’s been giving me extra love and I’m reciprocating by giving her kitty massages and intensive Purr Therapy. 

🐱 Tomorrow is Ma’s birthday. She’ll be 68 years old. I wonder how many that is in cat years? I bet it’s at least 1,000. 

🐱 Pa is running around doing a few errands like a headless chicken. He just sent Ma a photo of a beautiful rainbow. What a blessing from God! 

🐱 I hope you all have a cozy evening filled with snacks. If Ma behaves tonight like she’s supposed to, we’re going to watch Northern Exposure and cuddle with kisses thrown in. Last night our TV time was cut short by Ma’s violent attacks. More about me later…love, Holly






No comments: