"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Thursday, April 11, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 39–04/10/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 39–04/10/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. It’s a lovely sunny day here in my part of the world. The vile weatherman said it was going to be cloudy so he guessed the forecast wrong again. So I’m cat napping in a glorious sunbeam. I just hope there’s not going to be another one of those eclipse thingies. They’re scary. 

🐱 Oliver and I steered clear of the bedroom last night since Ma was trying to get some needed rest. I heard her telling Pa that she finally slept through the night and only got up one time. This is highly unusual for Ma. 

🐱 So far it’s a quiet day on the home front, though earlier Oliver was being his annoying self by crying for an hour for breakfast. What a spoiled brat! Ma and I were trying to enjoy some quiet time snuggling in bed. 

🐱 After breakfast I patrolled the south territory of my domain while enjoying Ma’s lap. She was drinking that vile brown water again. Humans have weird customs. She was advising me to be sure and keep an eye on the porch that’s attached to the French doors. She was warning me that vile beasts can hide out underneath and will sneak out without any warning. 

🐱 I am happy to announce we are officially halfway through this disgusting, vile week. Just two more days until we can kick it out in the street. I’ve been doing great and eating like a pig, but Ma is still frazzled over all her new supplements and instructions from her new doctor. She is already confused most of the time and with all this hubbub, it just makes it more so. Whatever the reason, she’s sure using her litter box more. I’m thinking she’s needing a lot more of my intensive Purr Therapy. 

🐱 I overheard Pa talking to Ma about something our next-door neighbor, Doug, told him. Doug was telling Pa that he was washing dishes while watching a robin bobbing in his yard. All of a sudden whoosh!! the robin flew off and a turkey appeared, and then four more! So now I’ll have to patrol my domain even harder than what I’ve been doing. I’ve been practicing my stern looks by making them look even more formidable. No vile turkeys are allowed in my domain! 

🐱 I hope that wherever you are, you are able to get out and enjoy this nice spring weather. More about me later…love, Holly





No comments: