"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

HYACINTHS

The world is in complete chaos, and yet the flowers continue to bloom. Such a paradox. 

After my mom passed away in 2012, a neighbor gave me a pot of lovely purple hyacinths and as soon as the rich soil was warmed by the sun, my husband planted them. 


And oh my view of the lovely purple hyacinths as I sit by the French doors and savor my morning coffee. The countless number of my feathered friends are active this time of day and I cherish watching them vying for their spots on the suet feeders. 


My tortoiseshell cat Holly is poised to jump on my lap, all the while chattering away at my feathered friends. Sometimes she’s quiet and will look back at me with what I call her mooshy look, with her green eyes glazed over, and I feel her warmth and love. 


As I look through the window panes this chilly morning, I can almost smell the hyacinths’ scent filling the room with their sweet perfume. It’s such a lovely start to my day. 






No comments: