"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, April 21, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 45–04/20/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 45–04/20/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. All is well at my house. The incompetent weatherman guessed the forecast right again. Will wonders never cease! It’s been a partly cloudy and chilly day. My pesky brother Oliver and I had to catch a few sunbeams early this morning before they vanished into the stratosphere. 

🐱 I’ve been lounging around on the couch and stretching out my adorable toe beans. I deserve to bum around since I’ve had a hard day’s work of patrolling for vile beasts, throwing cat litter out my box, catnapping and whacking Oliver on the head. I haven’t had cause to whack him lately but thought I should just to remind him who’s the queen of this ship. 

🐱 It’s time to celebrate! I’m so proud of Ma. She set her feeble mind to it and got two of her three side table drawers cleaned out and organized! Now most all her supplements are in the top two drawers, except for the three supplements that have to be either crushed since they’re the size of horse pills, or refrigerated. She hasn’t dared open the bottom drawer yet. Heaven only knows what vileness resides in there. I’m sure there could be some mummified Asian beetles and stink bugs. 

🐱 Ma has been following Oliver around with that confounded camera. She finally threw her hands up in despair. He’s not nearly as photogenic as me so it takes Ma longer to get a good shot. Oliver finds she can be rather irksome and I think he looks away on purpose just to annoy her. He can be a very uncooperative brat!

🐱 In other mews, this is officially Faturday so Pa and Ma are going to treat themselves to a bowl of ice cream later. Ma prefers chocolate and Pa vanilla. It’s a bit odd but Pa likes to add crushed saltine crackers to his vanilla ice cream. I’ve never had ice cream before but the way Ma’s eyes light up when she tastes that first bite sure makes me curious. But I am a cat and curiosity is what cats are about. Enjoy your weekend! More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: