"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, June 2, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 60–06/02/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 60–06/02/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Hope this finds you doing ok this fine Sunday. The weatherman screwed up again. I guess I need to take a minute away from my serious napping and write another letter to the Illinois Board of Meteorologists. When it’s supposed to rain, it’s sunny. When it’s supposed to rain, it’s cloudy with just a drizzle. There’s rain forecasted the next three days—maybe we’ll finally get a decent amount. Pa told Ma we got .3 of the wet stuff yesterday which is appreciated, but we need more. Ma is chomping at the bit wanting God’s lovely rain on her flower gardens. 

🐱 Pa keeps watching the radar for rain like he watches a Cardinals baseball game. Which reminds me, I’ll never understand baseball any more than I do golf. All I know is that in both sports a white ball is involved. I enjoy chasing a ball around too but it’s not classified as a sport! Maybe it should be? Cats rule! Especially me. 

🐱 Ma is a bit sad today. Pa left earlier to go to

Indiana. I heard Ma cautiously ask Pa what the celebration is today since he’s wearing good khaki pants and not his usual khaki shorts. One of his granddaughters is graduating. Ma fondly remembers this granddaughter when she was a little girl of 3 and now here she is graduating from high school and will be attending Purdue University. She was Ma’s favorite of the three girls. Ma told me she used to play with her a lot and draw pictures. I don’t like to see Ma feeling so down. Maybe she’ll have some chocolate ice cream later tonight while she’s watching something on TV. It might make her feel better. I will also be on her lap and give her intensive Purr Therapy and slow blinks. Maybe slacker boy Oliver will be close beside her too. 

🐱 I’ve been doing really well since the last time I wrote. I had a day or two where I didn’t eat enough to suit Ma but I buckled down and started eating like a racehorse again. Ma is higher than a kite when I do well. 

🐱 Last night I was playing with my new pink mouse again and Ma was ecstatic and loved watching me. I was showing off and being my absolute cutest self. I’d throw it in the air and catch it! It’s so much fun. My pink mouse is my new favorite. 

🐱 It has been rather quiet and uneventful around the ole homestead. I’ve been watching birds but they’re not as vile as some the creatures that have the audacity to cross into my territory. There hasn’t been quite as many birds at the suet feeder the last few weeks since they have been gorging themselves on cicadas. I see our resident cardinal pair fly through but they never stop at the feeder any more. I’d never eat one of those noisy cicadas myself, but the birds and squirrels sure love them. Cicadas are vile and I constantly give them my sternest looks!

🐱 Enjoy the rest of your day. I’m going to continue napping. Maybe I’ll entertain Ma later by playing with my pink mouse. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: