"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Thursday, June 13, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 61–06/03/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 61–06/03/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. It’s a lovely and sunny but very windy day. Still no rain but there is some forecasted for tomorrow. So we will see how the vile weatherman screws that up. 

🐱 Pa got home from Indiana around 10:00 last night. Ma ended up watching two movies and ate some Death By Chocolate ice cream. It sure smelled yummy. Me and slacker boy Oliver gave Ma a lot of attention throughout the evening. 

🐱 On another note, it’s been a quiet day on the home front other than hearing those vile loud cicadas. Ma calls it singing—I call it a complete uproar! Will it ever end!?

🐱 Ma is so tired today. Well in all honesty, she was tired all weekend. There’s times I hear her tell Pa that she gets so tired she’s fearful her cancer is back. Whatever cancer is. I’ve been staying away from the bedroom at night in hopes she can go to sleep, but she still can’t very much. As I was patrolling for vile beasts around 11:30 last night, I heard Ma sobbing in bed. I don’t like to see her so sad. 

🐱 Slacker boy and I have been resting in the dining room cat tree all afternoon. It’s an excellent vantage point to see the entire back yard for any vile beasts that might creep into my territory. All I could see on the patio was Chippy, our resident chipmunk, and a little Chippy. So now we know—Chippy must be a girl. 

🐱 Ma didn’t do much today. She was in the swing for awhile. She tries to do something called earthing every day. It’s supposed to help her conditions though I don’t see how it could. It’s more than my walnut-sized brain can understand. Humans are just plain weird. I also saw her on the chaise lounge and she laid there for well over an hour. I think she might have fallen asleep. If I was her I’d be afraid of those cicadas crawling up my nose. I watched carefully from the window to make sure nothing vile got ahold of her. 

🐱 Pa left around 3:30 to go chase that little white ball all over the countryside. I’d think this wind would whisk that little ball off to Peoria County! He’ll be home pretty early. Ma will be coming back in the house in a bit to feed us. I threw up some of my breakfast this morning so I hope I do better for supper. And soon it’ll be another cuddle and intensive Purr Therapy night for Ma. 

🐱 I hope you all have a relaxing evening. Maybe buy some of that ice cream I mentioned earlier. Ma really likes it. More about me later…love, Holly





No comments: