"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Wondering if…

 WONDERING IF

In the morning when I rise

I pop my pills

And rub my eyes 

Feeling as if I’m trudging steep hills 

When I go to the bathroom I hobble

And to the kitchen I weave and wobble

Always in so much pain

Wondering what there is to gain 

I wish I had some pep

Watching my every step 

So I won’t stumble

I try so hard not to grumble

As I make my coffee

I wish it was flavored with toffee

I sit and drink it with my toast

And wish I’d never been diagnosed 

As I pop some more pills

Wishing I still had some thrills 

It’s the same old song and dance

I wish I’d had the chance 

To go off somewhere 

Life can be so unfair 

Every day is the same 

It really is a shame 

Someone like me 

Who had possibilities 

I go through my days 

Sometimes in a complete haze 

Wondering what could have been 

If I’d been born in someone else’s skin




No comments: