"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Glimmers



🌼 We all need glimmers but especially those of us with chronic diseases. Glimmers of hope are especially crucial to our healing and well-being.  

🌼 As most of you know, I’ve been very sick this past week. I can hardly manage to walk from room to room. Every step takes massive amounts of energy and the intense pain shooting up through the soles of my feet, toes, legs and knees also make it difficult. But there’s God—He walks beside me and holds my hand. He is my Glimmer. My Hope. 

🌼 I have always been blessed with being easily entertained. One of my glimmers is being outside in my yard enjoying God’s beautiful creation. Seeing a butterfly or hummingbird flit among the flowers is a tiny moment of awe for me. I can feel the warmth and joy well up deep from inside my heart at the tinniest of things. I know that God created me to be this way. He knew I’d have painful struggles throughout my entire life. He made me sensitive to enjoy the smallest of things, down to every minute detail. 

🌼 As I was sitting at the kitchen island enjoying the flowers through the windows of the French doors, I had to try to get outside on the patio. It was a hard journey but I made it. I wanted to hear the birds and smell the sweet scent of the flowers. I had a glimmer and it was worth the struggle to hobble to the patio. 

🌼 So perhaps many see me as a person living in only a shell of what I should be. I’m not diminishing anyone’s health journey but I know that my health journey began with God and will end with God. I try to remember “why” I’m here and not fix my focus on anything but Him, including my health. My health is important and I need to get better, but He is my priority. He’s my #1 Glimmer. Satan tries to blind me by making my health my #1 priority, but then God steps in and I remember He is. God will guide me. He brought me to it and He will get me through it. 

No comments: