"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, June 16, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, Episode 63–06/16/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

Episode 63–06/16/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Hope this finds all you Dads out there having a good day. Me and Oliver remembered to give Pa his Father’s Day card this morning. It made him chuckle. He and Ma take good care of us. 

🐱 Lately the vile weatherman has certainly forecasted the weather right—Ma wishes he was wrong. The next couple weeks are supposed to be hot and humid ones. Ma loves to be outside so maybe there’ll be some reprieves in there. 

🐱 In other mews, there was some excitement at my house yesterday morning. I had finished my chore of patrolling and a big fat squirrel jumped up on the back porch and made it very clear he was going to torment me. He looked me squarely in the eye and wiggled his bushy tail. We were sitting there nose-to-nose. I've never been so disgusted in my life. I swatted at him from the French doors and, sadly, I cussed him out when I told him to leave my house alone. He just laughed, stuck his tongue out at me, and scurried off the porch. I swear I feel like I'm surrounded by vile, degenerate beasts. I was livid! As usual Ma didn’t have her camera with her. I think it was the same vile squirrel that was trying to spar with me through the same window a couple days ago. 

🐱 Stumpy, our resident stump-tailed squirrel, paid us a surprise visit this morning. He’s very brave and was up pretty close to the French doors. Ma was doing her oohing and awing and watching the fat little guy rummage around in the grass for food. 

🐱 Ma has been concerned over not seeing our resident male cardinal for quite awhile. He’s always with his mate and she’s been showing up alone at the suet feeder. This morning they were together. All Ma can figure is that the cicadas have dwindled down and he’s no longer gorging on them. Whatever the reason, seeing him made Ma happy. 

🐱 I hope you all have a lovely evening. Be sure to crank the AC up and drink lots of ice cold lemonade and eat some yummy crumpets. I'm going to nap in the abundant sunbeams. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: