"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, July 27, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, Episode 67–07/26/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

Episode 67–07/26/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. All is well in my little domain. It’s another lovely sunny day. Ma made it outside and is resting with her pillow on the swing enjoying the cool breeze. I kept watch over her from my vantage point for any vile beasts.

🐱 I have been doing better and eating a bit more. I have a week left of taking my antibiotic and I get my urine rechecked and bloodwork done at the vile vet on August 21st. So hopefully everything will come out fine. 

🐱 Yesterday morning I was doing my daily patrolling on the north side of my domain. Pa was eating breakfast and noticed me sitting at the French doors for the longest time giving my sternest looks and lashing my tail. He got up to see what got my attention and there was this humongous Great Horned Owl sitting in our yard! Sadly Ma missed all the excitement since she was in bed. Later he was telling her how the owl was on the ground just sitting on a branch that had fallen and how he thinks the owl might have thought the branch was a small animal. Both Ma and Pa love owls but they’re definitely not welcome in my domain.

🐱 There’s still a lot of cleaning up going on from that bad storm. Lots of lawnmowers roaring, tree service trucks beeping and chainsaws buzzing. A lot of racket! 

🐱 Speaking of making a racket, the neighbors directiy behind us, the ones with all the dogs—they have this new dog that they’ve had for a few months. She’s really a barker and goes on and on. Ma swears they let this dog out longer than they need to just to annoy her. Even Pa gets perturbed and fidgets. He knows if he confronts them it could make the situation worse. Hearing those dogs make me and my slacker brother Oliver nervous too. It’s really getting to be a problem. 

🐱 We have new neighbors across the street and they’re nice—and Ma is happy that they’re going to be quiet. They’ve been gradually moving in for quite awhile now. Pa knows them both since he went to school with them. 

🐱 I hope you all have a delightful evening. Finish off your supper with some yummy carrot cake with real cream cheese frosting. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: