"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Thursday, July 18, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 66–07/18/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

Episode 66–07/18/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. I hope you’re all doing just peachy. The lineman and tree service workers have been doing an excellent job with getting things back to normal after that scary storm. Yesterday I counted 20 big white trucks just in our neighborhood alone, and that’s just the ones I could see from the window!

🐱 Since I've been taking it easy, the days have been nice and quiet other than putting up with the roar of all the generators the last few days. Our power is back on and all the massive roaring has subsided. I overheard Ma tell Pa this morning that she kind of misses the noise diversion since she now hears the dogs behind us barking. There’s just no winning! 

🐱 The last few months Ma and I have been having a very rough time. I desperately need her to help with my spelling and I haven’t had much inspiration so we’ve both been flunking out. I’m still on my antibiotics. I go back to the vile vet next month for blood work and a urinalysis. I hope this 30 day antibiotic regime kicks this vile UTI to the curb! And I hope it stays away! 

🐱Thankfully I finally started feeling a bit more like myself the last couple days. I’m back to playing more with my toys and have been cuddling and giving Ma much needed Intensive Purr Therapy, cuddles and kisses. 

🐱 Ma has been sticking very close to me and likewise I to her. She gives me back rubs as often as I let her know I need them. It really helps me feel better and I reward her handsomely with the loudest purrs you've ever heard. For good measure I even throw in a few kitty massages. 

🐱 Since I haven’t been quite my lovely self, Oliver has been doing most of the patrolling but he’s not nearly as thorough as I’d like. Pa has had to run off Bunny a few times since she likes to chow down on the black-eyed Susans. Other than that not much has been going on in the vile beast department. 

🐱 I think one of my neighbors is away on vacation. I'm grateful for that because it reduces the amount of stern looks I have to give. I can just focus on resting. Well, I suppose I could really focus on resting if my slacker brother Oliver would leave me the heck alone. He always wants to play which I find very annoying. Unfortunately, when I don't feel well, I have no choice but to resort to violence to get him to stop pestering me. l've had to launch several whacks to his head over the past few weeks. I think he finally got the message and is leaving me be—thank goodness.

🐱 I hope you all have a lovely evening and later sneak in some dessert. Ma has been having a hankerin’ for a big bowl of warm apple crisp with gooey vanilla ice cream. I don’t think she’s going to get it though. Ma and I are going to continue to take it easy and we will both administer kisses for the rest of the day. More about me later…love, Holly



No comments: