"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, August 25, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, Episode 70–08/24/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

Episode 70–08/24/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. I trust this message finds you at home relaxing after such a vile week. All is well at my house. 

🐱 I spent most of my day Wednesday at the vile vet’s office. Ma and Pa had the audacity to snatch me away before I even had my breakfast! I starved all day long while being poked and prodded, sometimes in places I care to not divulge. I had to stay in a wire cage, pee in a cup, and withstand having my beautiful fur on my neck shaved off so I could have this vile needle stabbed in me to take out half my precious blood. Now Ma is calling me “skinny neck”. How degrading is that! I heard the vet tell Ma and Pa that I have something called early stage kidney disease so I’m on even more vile medications. Plus I still have a UTI so I had more needles. I heard the vile vet tell Ma and Pa I need to come back in two weeks for yet another needle. Not if they can’t catch me!!

🐱 Ma’s new goal is to try to lose some weight. She has no idea how much she has gained but I told her that struggling to pull up her pants is a good indication she needs to do something drastic. She blames it on inflammation. I told her I don’t see anyone forcing those spoonfuls of ice cream into her mouth. I keep my weight around a svelte 8 pounds! 

🐱 In other news, Ma informed Pa this morning that it's getting close to the time to begin Fall Cleaning. Though I don’t think she recalls that the annual Spring Cleaning hasn’t happened yet. It’s getting close to where she has Pa pull out all the pumpkiny crap and other obnoxious junk to begin the process of piling up holiday decor all around my house. She wastes countless hours in this endeavor. While I love that Fuzzy Sock Nights are quickly approaching, I dread all the "holiday decorating" that Fall and Christmas brings. It takes up so much of my time to go behind Ma as she sets stuff out and knock it all onto the floor. I really wish she would do us all a favor and not set it all out this year.

🐱 I hope you all have a fun weekend. Please take some time to find joy...even in the little things. More about me later…love, Holly



No comments: