"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, August 25, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, Episode 71–08/25/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER 

Episode 71–08/25/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Hope this finds you enjoying yourSunday. Ma and Pa have been sorta kinda complaining aboutthe heat. It’s supposed to be hotter yet the next few days. There’s something going on called an excessive heat watch? I heard Pa tell Ma we’re supposed to have a heat index of 111° on Tuesday. As many times as the vile weatherman has been wrong with forecasts, I don’t know why he couldn’t screw up this one! But I don’t mind that it’s hot—they’ll both be in the house more taking care of me. 

🐱 I still haven’t been feeling very well. I didn’t eat much yesterday morning and didn’t eat one bite last night for supper. I just laid around and felt lethargic. Ma is trying to stay calm since we kitties feed off our human’s emotions. I know how much she loves me and wants me to feel better. 

🐱 Ma is happy to report that I ate almost my normal amount this morning. I’ve been up and around roaming my territory looking for vile beasts. I saw Stumpy our resident squirrel early this morning and another younger squirrel that Ma likes. This particular squirrel’s tail is fluffy and shorter but appears to be flat, like a beaver’s tail. I don’t want to think about what could have caused that. She and Stumpy were gallivanting all over the yard gorging themselves on hazelnuts and burying some. They are fun to watch though I do keep a keep a close eye on both to make sure they behave.

🐱 Ma has been itching to get her paint supplies out. I don’t mind that she paints but when it gets to be hours and hours I get aggravated. After two hours I get right up in her face to let her know it’s time for ME! I value my Ma time!  

🐱 Any way, hopefully Ma will be able to carefully try some painting tomorrow. She thinks her thumb could handle it then. She’s also anxious to buy a couple good quality sable brushes. Thankfully they’re not made of my cat fur! The brushes she has now are synthetic, but she didn’t want to spend a lot of money on supplies until she knew if she’d enjoy painting. Maybe she’ll paint me some day but I know there’s no way she could ever capture my beauty! 

🐱 Stay cool today! Maybe eat some yummy rainbow sherbet or a popsicle to cool off. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: