"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 27–03/25/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 27—03/25/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Sadly there’s no lovely sunbeams to bask in today. It’s a rainy, dark, dreary day but the good news is the temperature is in the upper 50’s. The vile weatherman predicts sunbeams only on Wednesday and Thursday for this whole week! 

🐱 Speaking of clouds, Ma is on Cloud 9 today. Her friend Jill sent her a very kind and encouraging letter-type meme on Instagram. That really brightened up Ma’s spirits. Ma also recently received three thoughtful snail-mail cards from friends Jonelle, Karen and Deanna. Humans need to pound it into their pea-brains that they need to spread more love and encouragement around! Oliver shows his love for me and I show my love for him. Yes, he and I have squabbles, disagreements and the fur flies, but at the end of the day we snuggle up close. Well enough of that mushy stuff. 

🐱 I have been helping Ma with her notes for her doctor later this afternoon. She’s going to start with something called dry needling. Just the mention of needles makes me cringe! I’m glad it’s her and not me! 

🐱 Oliver was in rare form earlier. Pa and Ma were eating lunch and Oliver was wound up tighter than a spring. He was in stampede mode and literally “cat”apulted off the cat tree with his hind legs and raced all around the dining room table, squalling the entire time. I did my share of running around too but mainly to get out of his way! If only he’d use that much energy to do his patrolling duties around the house. Tsk tsk tsk!!

🐱 Now—I should give credit to where credit is due. Ma was in the bathroom last night and Oliver was patrolling for vile beasts all around the bottom edges of the vanity and around the toilet. He was keeping his little black wriggly nose to the grindstone! Of course Ma didn’t have her phone with her to snap a shot of him actually working for his food. 

🐱 I hope you all have an enjoyable evening. It’s gonna be a fluffy fleece throw night so I’m going to enjoy kisses and cuddles with Ma. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: