"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, March 31, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 28–03/26/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 28–03/26/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Holy cats it’s another windy and dreary day, but the good news is that it’s not raining. Enough of those vile raindrops! I sure miss those lovely warm sunbeams. Maybe tomorrow?

🐱 So far the day has been quiet—too quiet. I don’t like it when Ma is down and she’s been down for a long time. I don’t know what to do for her but I can give her cuddles and lots of kisses. Earlier she was laying on the sofa and I snuggled up very close to her under the fluffy fleece throw. I gave her a lot of intensive Purr Therapy and it lulled Ma to sleep. She needs lots of rest.

🐱 That silly brother of mine has been his usual maniacal self. Leaping from one piece of furniture to another, yowling and chasing me around the house. I’ve never heard a cat use so much vocabulary! Hearing the both of us clamor around the house makes Ma smile and I like to see her smile. 

🐱 Oliver is finally taking a break to rest now. He is such a burrowing cat—if Ma or Pa can’t find him he’ll be burrowed under the covers on a bed or under a fleece throw. Sometimes all you’ll see is the swishing of that black tail. So if any of you humans ever stop by for a visit, never sit down on a lumpy throw or you just might squish Oliver. I mean even though he has his cantankerous moments, I have to admit I love him. 

🐱 Instead of being with Ma, I ended up patrolling for vile beasts all throughout the night. All the wind seems to be keeping the beasts at bay. Generally I’m right up beside Ma under the covers but I knew she needed to get as much uninterrupted rest as possible. When I’m sleeping with her I always keep my head poked out so I can be on the look-out for any vile beastial activity. I try to be a first-rate cuddle bug for Ma, even though I do tend to hog the bed at times. Whenever Ma moves an inch to the right or left, I move right along with her until she’s on the other side of the bed! She’ll wake up and not know where’s she’s at sometimes. Ma is a funny human. 

🐱 I hope you all have a wonderful root beer-filled evening. I'm going to catnap until supper and then get ready for a cozy fuzzy sock nite. I overheard Pa telling Ma it would be a good night for a blazing fire. More about me later…love, Holly





No comments: