"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, March 31, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 30–03/28/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 30–03/28/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. Another lovely sunny day to bask in sunbeams. I need to soak up as much of that glorious warmth as felinely possible since the sun isn’t supposed to peek out again until next Wednesday. Perhaps the vile weatherman is wrong about that. 

🐱 Our resident red-bellied woodpecker, Chuckles, has been in one of our maple trees out front every single morning. Now I don’t consider Chuckles to be a vile beast since Ma and Pa enjoy seeing him come to our suet feeder, so no stern looks are in order. I don’t know why he has been constantly calling—he should have already found a mate. Ma loves the birds but even Chuckles is getting on her last nerve this morning. He even gets on my nerves! The endless “kwirrrr kwirrr”. 

🐱 Oliver was being very annoying earlier this morning.  All I was wanting was to waffle on the register and he relentlessly badgered me. I did my best by giving him stern looks but that wasn’t enough. I had to whack him a few times and hiss. Ma heard the scuffle and had to step in, and he innocently looked up at Ma, batted those big green eyes and took off like a bullet. What a squatter!

🐱 Late morning I patrolled the living room and the south side of my domain. Oliver was sleeping on the job again so I had to do double-duty. That boy is so exasperating! I only spied one fat rabbit and Stumpy the resident squirrel; they’re always welcome. It’s been slow lately. Maybe my assumptions were right and the vile beasts are finally getting the hint they’re not supposed to cross into my domain. I patrolled the inside area of the coffee table last night since I hadn’t been in there for a long time and all I found was dust bunnies. 

🐱 I hope you all enjoy your day. Maybe you can take a break later and have a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. More about me later…love, Holly





No comments: