"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, March 31, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 31–03/29/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 31–03/29/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. It’s time to celebrate! Bring out the cake! Bring out the ice cream! Let the fireworks begin! It’s Pa’s birthday and it’s always special, but this year more so since it fell on Good Friday. Happy Birthday, Pa! Oliver and I love you! 

🐱 Our resident red-bellied woodpecker, Chuckles, is still “kwirrr kwirring”, only now it isn’t just in the mornings—it’s during the early evening too! I think he got lost in some kind of time warp. It’s been going on a couple weeks now. Find a mate already! Holy cats! 

🐱I have three feline friends with the middle name of Mae with an “e”—Daisy Mae, Minnie Mae and Mabel Mae. Perhaps I should change my name from Holly Noel to Holly Mae? But I am named after Christmastime since Ma brought me home on December 22nd, so as tempting as this is, I think I’ll just keep my name the way Ma intended. I wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings. 

🐱 In other mews, I’ve been eating so-so and occasionally I’ll pig out. Ma would rather I pig out every meal but if I did that, I’d no longer have my svelte figure and I’d be overweight. It’s quite a catch-22. 

🐱 One thing both Oliver and I agree on, is interactive playtime. We run, we jump, we stalk and we attack our prey. I’m pretty proud of my jumping ability. Oliver told me quite a story about the first four months of his life living out in the wild. I listened in complete awe! He literally hunted for vile beasts whereas I have only dreamed of it. I can’t imagine the thrill! I have to admit I’m a bit jealous! 

🐱 It’s a chilly and cloudy morning. As I’m busy patrolling the north side of my domain for vile beasts, I’m waffling on the register. Toasty warm! So far all I’ve spied is birds and a few squirrels. 

🐱 Have a lovely day. It’s Friday night so enjoy a huge feast of salad, breadsticks with marinara sauce and an extra-large supreme pizza. And don’t forget the frothy root beer. If I bug Pa enough perhaps he’ll get a blazing warm fire going tonight. More about me later…love, Holly





No comments: