"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Sunday, March 31, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, EPISODE 32–03/30/2024

 HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

EPISODE 32–03/30/2024

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. What a surprise to see lovely sunbeams streaming through our windows this morning! I hope you all get a chance to get out and enjoy it. Ma and Pa are planning on going for a drive since it’s so pretty. I’ll sure miss Ma’s lap. 

🐱 All is quiet on the home front—except for the birds. Chuckles, our resident red-bellied woodpecker, started his kwirring about 10:00 a.m. I haven’t heard any drumming so maybe he has a mate but he can’t find her since she flew the coop. In other bird mews, there’s a myriad of all kinds of them at Ma and Pa’s suet feeder. It’s sure difficult to take a decent catnap around here with all that singing and chirping racket going on. 

🐱 I’m weary today. Oliver took over my usual post of watching over Ma all night to make sure she’s not harmed in any way. It was time he did something useful around here. I was up most of the night patrolling for vile beasts. I had to give several raccoons stern looks when they got up too close to the house. 

🐱 Since breakfast I have been busy patrolling the south side of my domain. What have I seen? Birds, birds and more birds. When I sauntered into the living room earlier I caught slacker Oliver sleeping on the job. The jury is still out on that boy tsk tsk tsk. While Ma was in the bathroom earlier I did my usual duty of patrolling the wicker waste basket. I always put my front legs inside it and dig around to make sure nothing vile is hiding in there. I didn’t find any bugs or vermin, just a lot of vile snotty Kleenexes. Ugh humans can be pretty disgusting. I had to immediately wash my paws and whiskers. 

🐱 Well a sunbeam is calling my name so it’s time to attempt to catnap. I hope you all have a wonderful evening and pig out on a chunk of yummy Texas sheet cake and a huge scoop of real gooey vanilla ice cream. Until next time. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: