"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life."~~~Stephen King

Saturday, June 29, 2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER, Episode 64–06/26/2024

HOLLY’S CAT LETTER

Episode 64–06/26/2024 

🐱 Hi to all my admirers. It’s been a long time. I hope you’re all enjoying this lovely day and gorging yourself on lemon layer cake with gobs of yummy frosting and raspberry iced tea. All is well in my humble abode. 

🐱 One reason I haven’t written is I’ve been so busy with patrolling my territory. This is the season for creepy bugs so I’m hunting in every crook and dark cranny of the house. Slacker boy Oliver helps out and I hate to admit it, but he’s a far better hunter than I’ll ever be. I just don’t have the tolerance. I’m just too full of tortitude! 

🐱 There has also been all the outside vile beasts to contend with. In all my born days I’ve never had to give so many stern looks as I’ve had to the last few weeks. Chippy the chipmunk thinks she owns the little back porch. She scurries across it, and then across the patio and then back again. Then she has the audacity to hide underneath the porch and peeks her little fat-cheeked head out—and taunts me! It’s so unnerving! Chippy wears me out just watching her. She is such a nervous wee rodent. I mean, much to my chagrin, I am an older kitty, but I’m a wise one and know not to get myself too riled up. 

🐱 Another reason I haven’t written is that Ma has been so ill and I’ve had to keep a watchful eye on her and try to make her comfortable. This can be a full time job for a cat and I just have to make time to get my eight hours of beauty sleep! 

🐱 Sadly, this morning Ma was having a bad reaction to a drug she started yesterday. She was having chest discomfort, nervousness and some tachycardia thrown in. She's finally feeling better though still a bit of tachycardia going on, and she has been as weak as a kitten all day. Of course, this all meant I had to clear my busy schedule to allow me to administer Emergency Intensive Purr Therapy for her. I even threw in a little kitty massage. So, unfortunately, l've not accomplished any of my daily goals but, I suppose if it helps Ma, it's okay.

🐱 I hope you all have a lovely evening and get plenty of rest and relaxation. I'm going to continue giving Emergency Intensive Purr Therapy to Ma to hopefully make sure her drug reactions are gone. More about me later…love, Holly




No comments: